Residency & Fellowship Programs: CP Rotations
Molecular Pathology Lab Director:
Dr. Mahesh Mansukhani
Recommended Rotation Length
The goal is to get hands-on experience in using routine molecular pathology techniques as well as in the interpretation of test results. Participation in setting up new diagnostic tests is strongly encouraged.
It is best to meet with Dr. Mansukhani the week before the rotation starts.
- Weekly review of results of clonality testing. Confirm assay validity, look up flow cytometry and morphologic studies, and previous test results, interpret new results and discuss them with the lab director.
- Review and interpret current and/or previous southern blot results for Fragile X syndrome, Prader–Willi, and Angelman–syndromes.
- Review and interpret current and/or previous results for Factor V and prothrombin mutations.
- Obtain answers to syllabus questions and go over them with the lab director.
- Assist with confirming specimen set–up for high–risk HPV testing.
- Discuss with lab director how to make the website better for future residents.
Things To Do On Your First Day
Meet with Mahesh Mansukhani, and laboratory personnel: Jingyao Zhong, Magdalena Stwora-Wojicek, and Anamaria Krull.